i’m just saying, take as many selfies as you want.
there are multi-million dollar companies with old white men as ceos that profit off of your low self-esteem and self-hate.
OHHHHH this is the best thing ever. This is an important message:
destroy everything with love.
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
Good luck undergrads!
This is fairly helpful.
I tell this story to everyone, ever since I heard it in a documentary on Art Nouveau. Stop fucking up pretty hats, you bastards!
every time i see this, my smile is renewed
I honestly do like fedoras ><
…It’s amazing what a tangential connection to Alphonse Mucha (who was Bernhardt’s official poster artist for many, many years and was one of the key intellectuals that she used to craft her image) can do for my opinion on a piece of clothing.
Incidentally, Bernhardt’s leg that was amputated? Apparently she had a funeral for it. People act like modern pop stars stars are a totally new radical weird thing but man Fin-de-Siecle Europe was a wild, wild place.
And here’s some images of Bernhardt courtesy of Mucha:
Man, Medea always gets me. What a haunting image.
But damn look at her as the fucking Prince of Denmark. Nnf.
I always get so pissed off at the whole co-opting of fedoras by the men’s rights movement because it wasn’t really until the fedora started going out of fashion that it became a men’s hat. Throughout its heyday of the first four decades of the 20th century it was pretty much always a unisex hat, as it was in the 1980s when it started to tentatively almost come back into fashion
I’ve told you before, I tell at least 40 students every semester, I’ll repost it every fucking time it comes up, until it Sinks In:
MRA’s wearing fedoras and claiming them as “Men’s Hats” is one of the most succinct arguments I can give for feminism.
She had a fucking funeral for her leg.
Why didn’t I learn about HER in history class??
For a project entitled 2D Or Not 2D, Russian make-up artist Valeriya Kutsan teamed up with photographer Alexander Khoklov and photo editor Veronica Ershova to recreate famous two-dimensional artwork by legendary 20th century artists, such as like Roy Lichtenstein and Piet Mondrian, on three-dimensional faces. The results are absolutely stunning.
"Kutsan’s skillfully handled make-up brushes produced images that straddle the second and third dimensions—in some cases, the models look more like flat, illustrated versions of themselves instead of living flesh-and-blood."
holy fuck is this like bird parkour
Birds of prey are so badass. Like they got this goshawk to fly through tiny little holes barely bigger than it’s body to show just how extreme they can get
Moral of the story: Be glad you’re too big to be eaten by a Goshawk
Just imagine birds of prey the size of the eagles from LoTR, okay. Terrifying.